How can you tell these insects apart? This article will tell you! In spring and summer, lots of us are afraid of bees and wasps. And for good reason: many people are allergic to the venom of these insects, which can be fatal. But these little things fly so quickly around our drinks and cakes that it’s not always easy to tell them apart. Over the following pages, you’ll find large images and some easy rules of thumb to work out which is which. Finally, there’ll be a clear summary. Of course, we’ve not just taken a closer look at honey bees and wasps. You’ll also learn to tell the difference between bumblebees and hornets.
Use these links to jump directly to the specific info:
- Bee or wasp: Which insect is hairy?
- Are bees and wasps the same color?
- Which insect dies after stinging: Bee or wasp?
- Do bees and wasps eat different food?
- Summary with all characteristics (bees, wasps, bumblebees and hornets)
- Watch now on animalfunfacts.net:
- Video: Why Do Animals Live in Groups? - like the beese