Hare or Rabbit - What’s the Difference?
We’ll help you work out whether an animal is a rabbit or a hare. Okay, we’ll admit it: it’s not as easy to tell them apart as it is with crocodiles and alligators. The European hare and the rabbit both have long ears, soft fur, long back legs and short tails. But they live in different habitats, have different physical characteristics and behave differently. Over the following pages, you’ll find large images and a few rules to work out which is which. Finally, there’ll be a clear summary..
Use these links to jump directly to the specific differences:
- Hares and rabbits have different ears, feet and bodies
- Do hares and rabbits eat the same food?
- Do hares and rabbits live in the same habitats?
- Hares and rabbits: pack animals or loners?
- Are rabbits and hares equally fast?
- Round-up with all differences between hares ad rabbits