They all have spots. But how can you tell these big cats apart? It’s not easy! This article will tell you! We’ll show you in simple steps and with large images how to tell jaguar, leopard, panther and clouded panther apart. There is also a little aside about smaller predatory cats like ocelots, cheetahs and servals. They also have spots and aren’t that easy to tell apart. Finally, there’ll be a clear summary with pictures of all the spotted cats. The best way to remember: the leOparD doesn’t have any dots in its flower-shaped markings. The two letters Oand D for "0 dots" are in its name!
Use these links to jump directly to the specific info:
- Jaguar or leopard: different markings
- Jaguar or leopard: differently shaped heads
- Jaguar or leopard: which big cats climb and swim?
- What exactly are panthers?
- What do clouded leopards, cheetahs, ocelots and servals look like?
- Round-up with all the differences between those big cats
- Watch now on animalfunfacts.net:
- Video: Endangered Animal Species - like the gorilla