If you remember a few tips, you can tell the difference between frogs and toads! When we talk about telling the difference between frogs and toads, we usually mean the families of „true frogs“ and „true toads“. They mostly have different bodies, legs, toes, skin, habitats and movement. Whenever you see the word “bufo” in the scientific name, you can presume that the animal is a toad. The word “rana” is used for frogs. Both genera encompass around 300 species. They live in cold regions to tropical zones. The number of species is constantly increasing as new species are still being discovered even now. Over the following pages, you’ll find large images and a few rules to work out which is which. Finally, there’ll be a clear summary..
Let's find out: Frog or Toad?
Use these links to jump directly to the specific differences:
- Frogs and toads: Bodies, legs and toes
- Do frogs and toads have different skin?
- Do frogs and toads move differently?
- Do frogs and toads live in the same places?
- Round-up with all the differences between frogs and toads
- Watch now on animalfunfacts.net:
- Video: 11 Amphibian Fun Facts - like frogs and toads