We’ve all seen beautiful butterflies and cute ladybugs. And less popular insects like aphids and cockroaches.
There are insects and arachnids that we don’t see every day and that look really weird. Like flies with scorpion tails, spiders with “peacock feathers” and beetles that have necks like giraffes.
Over the following pages, you will learn all about these animals and find out exciting information about the reason WHY they look like this and where they live
Let’s check out the Top 15 weirdest insects and spiders
Use these links to find the individual animals:
- Peacock Spider: shimmers like a peacock
- Puss Moth: like the Pokemon Caterpie
- Planthopper: strange snout
- Giant Silk Moth: huge wingspan
- Bush Cricket: spines everywhere!
- Rainbow Scarab Beetle: shimmering colors
- Feather Horned Beetle: feather dusters for feelers
- Hummingbird Hawk-Moth: a snout like a hummingbird
- Swallowtail Butterfly Caterpillar: laughing face
- Scorpion Fly: tail like a scorpion
- Elephant Hawk-Moth Caterpillar: like a snake
- Giraffe Weevil: neck longer than its body
- Cionus Hortulanus Weevil: like a mini anteater
- Flannel Moth: caterpillar with fluffy fur
- Treehopper: alien-like growth on its head